Learn about the Truckee River and get a little wet!
Gently flowing beneath Cloud Climber, Truckee Connects meanders through as a working representation of the Truckee River watershed from the chilly depths of Lake Tahoe to the shimmering shores of Pyramid Lake. A fun and interactive opportunity to learn about the many uses of water such as recreation, irrigation, hydroelectric power, and wildlife; Truckee Connects provides opportunities to experiment with water and explore many of its properties.
- Sail boats across Lake Tahoe
- Divert water to a working power plant
- Float the river in an innertube
- Operate Derby Dam to water crops in Fallon
- Raise and lower a working fish ladder
- Recreational activities on Pyramid Lake